Friday, July 31, 2009

30 July...Alhamdulillah...Thank You Allah

Today is one of the most meaningful days. After the sacrifice and passion on this jihad (struggling with PhD project), today I have to prove what I’ve done is really sounds PhD. About 2 years 1 month and 1 week ago, I’ve defended how viable is my project, and now I’ve proved that it is not only worth but also significant. With the room pack with my PhD’s colleagues, I took slightly 40 minutes for my presentation and go through almost 30 minutes of debating and defending session. An hour before my presentation starts, I received an email from my advisor congratulate me on my paper accepted to be published as book chapter. He did note in the email...”Walk tall into the oral today. See you there.” My real satisfaction was I’ve talk and walk the da’wah. I pray may Allah blessing me with my very small effort compare to what I've received from Him. It’s so grateful as after few years of my works, I’ve shared my PhD knowledge and most importantly spread the Islamic perspective into the Western dominated field. I've managed to ensure that every year I take any opportunity to spread my research messages:

Ahmad, M.K. & Harrison, J. (October 2007). Untapped potential: Cultural sensitivity (Islamic) persuasive communication in health in health promotion program. Paper presented at the Global Communication and Development Conference, Shanghai, China.

Ahmad, M.K. & Harrison, J. (June 2008). Cultural sensitivity in health promotion programs: Islamic persuasive communication. Paper presented at 6th International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, Athens, Greece.

Ahmad, M.K. (March 2009). Qualitative Data Analysis-NVivo Version 8. Speaker and Trainer for School of Journalism & Communication Research Higher Degree Workshop I, University of Queensland.

Ahmad, M.K. (June 2009). Qualitative Data Analysis-NVivo Version 8. Speaker and Trainer for School of Journalism & Communication Research Higher Degree Workshop II, University of Queensland.

Ahmad, M.K., Harrison, J. & Davies, C.L. (July 2009). Sacred communication: Exploring the attributes of health promotion programs in the faith-based media. Paper presented at Conference on Media and Islamic Thinking (MIST’09), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Insha’allah I shall be able to submit my complete thesis in few weeks time. Thank you Allah, my beloved family and all my colleagues especially at School of Journalism & Communication, UQ.

No comments: